Monday, August 6, 2007

The State Fair results are in. Drum roll please.

Last night, we went to the open house at the fair and were able to see everything. It was very exciting. There were two items that I had high hopes for the Noah's Ark cross stitch and the Campanula. We saw the cross stitch first and I had gotten a THIRD PLACE. I was a little disappointed because I was sure that piece would do the best since I spent an entire year working only on it. The other two pieces that recieved 1st and 2nd were incredible which gave me a quick attitude adjustment. Mine was the biggest but sometimes bigger is not better ... except with diamonds.

Anyway once we found the knitting area, I was blown away by how well my items did. Out of the 14 items I entered I recieved 9 ribbons. 1 = FIRST.
3 = SECOND. 4 = THIRD. 1 = FOURTH. I was beside myself with giddiness.

I am not really sure how they do the judging. There were several of my entries that I wasn't expecting anything and they did well. They didn't look better than the other entries in the same class or were much simplier pieces. I would love to know how they judge.

Well if you want to see which item got what ribbon, look at my previous blog with all my entry pictures and you can see how each item did.

No comments: