Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stitches and a Stashin'

Saturday was a really long and fun day in Chicago. We went on a bus chartered by MAKS. They did a great job for their first trip and I would consider going with them again next year.

There was so much to see and touch that it was pretty overwhelming. I normally like to look around then go back and make a purchase but there are so many vendors it was impossible. So I bought smaller items as I went along, next year I think I will just purchase 3 or 4 large kits instead.

I really enjoyed talking with the vendors there were many who were so friendly and helpful. So here is what I decided on.

This is everything together. I will break it down a bit.

This is one of my favorite purchase, it is a little weighted bag to hold your yarn and an knitting notebook to organize your stash. Janie the owner of Mind Your Knitting is a fellow knitter who had a great idea and decided to go for it. I truly think every knitter needs this little bag which keeps the ball of yarn from rolling under my Lazy Boy. I haven't started organizing (admitting too) my large volume of stash yarn but look forward to using this cute little book.

This yarn and pattern purchase came from Windy Valley Muskox. This was definitely the most impressive booth it was kind of like Discovery Channel meet LYS, they had TV set up so you could see the Muskox it was really interesting.

Rainbows by Leah Wulster. Leah was working the Knitting Software booth. She was so nice and bubbly and I am so excited to make this gorgeous sweater. It will take awhile since it is knit on #3 needles with Jojoland Melody Superwash (sock weight yarn). This was my biggest project purchase.

I loved these stuffed animal and thought they could really be a good stash buster.
You can buy the patterns at www.KnittingAtKnoon.com. I have already made the elephant and will be posting him soon.
And then I bought me soom sock yarn ... you know the yarn that doesn't count as stash.

I think that I will make these for my sister Sam eventhough I am mad at her for not telling me she has a new beau! She's been too busy! Maybe I might just keep this yarn for myself!

I like the color and texture of this.

This yarn is so I can pretend I am cool and make some Socks That Rock.

I loved this color combo it will probably be bootees or little girl socks. I was also impressed by the girl who dyes the yarn. She is a fun college student who is being resourceful by starting a side business. She also has a sock club check out her website at www.knittinghawkeye.etsy.com.
Well that is my stitches stash but I must include a picture of the funniest looking dog ever. My Selah with a new summer dou.

I hate how she looks with a shaved face so I only shaved her neck. Thank goodness it grows quick and she will look like a beautiful full coated sheepie again soon.

No comments: