Monday, September 24, 2007

MY KNIT ALONGS

As you may have noticed, I was finally able to figure out how to add buttons to my blog. Oh Happy Day! There has been such a learning curve figuring all this out. Plus, I started blogging on my old PC in which I couldn't use any updated features and then we got a new PC and I had lots of new stuff to learn.

Oh yeah, I was talking about my buttons. Right now, all of my buttons are for KAL that I currently belong to. I thought I would give you a little info about each one and my progress.

Secret of the Stole



This is a group for the new Secret of the Stole KAL (knit a long) that is beginning October 5, 2007. Along with knitting a stole, several lucky members will receive prizes along the way. Membership will be closing for this group on October 4, 2007.

The stole is a combination of lace and beads and the pattern is by Nautical Knitter. Those who complete the Secret of the Stole KAL will have a beautiful stole to wear for New Year's Eve festivities.

As you can see this group is still open and I decided to sign up because I enjoyed the Mystery Stole 3 KAL so much. I am really going to try and keep up with this group and finish with everyone.

Here are my goodies for this project.



My Knit Picks order. I ordered the Alpaca Cloud in Peppermint which is a super, sof baby alpaca. I also ordered the new Harmony wood interchangeable tips in #4. They are so smooth and pretty. Take a closer look.



Because this yarn comes in hanks and I don't own a swift or ballwinder, I had to hand wind my yarn. I used a chair with a swivel bottom and a presciption bottle. I put the end under cap and began winding.



I ended up with a nice center pull ball of yarn. Yeah!



This picture shows all my tools for this project except for the pattern hints I will recieve weekly soon. The beads are a pretty irredescent silver which catches colors of pink, blue and green.
Here's a close up.



And finally here is a picture of my swatch. I didn't think to add the beads to the swatch which would have been nice to see how the show up.



I am really excited to start this KAL and my goal is to first complete my MS3 up to the point I start the wing and then put it aside to work on the Secret of the Stole.


Red Sweater KAL

A knit along for those needing a little splash of color in their lives... namely RED!



Join this knit along if you are in the mood to knit a wonderful red sweater. Any red sweater will do, any shade of red, any pattern you want—just so long as it's red.

By the way... There's no time limit to this KAL. This isn't a race or anything like that, either. We're just here to knit red sweaters! :-)

I joined this KAL for 3 reasons.


1) I love red! It is most definitely my favorite color.


2) I love knitting!


3) I have nothing in my wardrobe that is red and hand knit.


Therefore, I must join although I have 6 WIPs and at least 30 projects waiting in my stash closet. Since none of those projects were red, I had to go buy more stash! Which I love doing about as much as knitting. This is what I bought.



The Patons was on sale at Michaels for $3.79 this week. I am trying to decide between these two projects. What do you think?



I am leaning at doing the vest because I am afraid the Patons wool may be too scratchy against my skin. But I have yet to knit an adult size Aran sweater. Isn't knitting great there is always something you can do that you've never done before and you can spend your entire lifetime challenging yourself.

I have decided that I won't be casting on for this KAL until either my Bonsai Tunic or my Pinwheel sweater is off the needles. I'm going to try and keep my WIP to six or less but I think I have seven items on the needle now. EGHADS!

No comments: