Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jasmine Cardi Finished

I recently finished this cute little cardigan for one of my mom's who is expecting in November. I really like how it turned out eventhough it wasn't that fun to knit. I slightly modified the lace since I didn't like the picot edge. If you aren't a fan of finishing work, I would would choose a different project. The lace edging is knitted lengthwise then sewn on. It took me several tries to like the looks of the sewing and I am pretty good at finishing work. I do like the looks of the finished cardigan.



Pattern: Jasmine Lace Edge Cardigan from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding.

Size: Up to 3 months

Yarn: Sirdar Breeze Cotton-rich DK Shade 0070 - It is actually more of a Bubble Gum pink in person not nearly as neon. Only used one skein.

Needles: Denise sizes 5 and 6

Modifications: Worked even instead of the picot edge.

Since I have a child care in my home and have a new baby, I was able to try the cardi on a 10 week old baby. It fit very nice and looks like it would maybe fit up to 5 months which is good. All babies are different but it is nice to know that it will fit a baby nicely.




I found the cutest bunny buttons at Joann's. Here is a close up of the button and lace edge.




I originally chose the bunny buttons because we where reading Peter Rabbit. I wanted to buy a book to go along with the gift and thought Peter Rabbit was a little to grown up. I remembered that my niece, Chloe had a favorite book about a bunny, Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. I was excited when I found out it was one of the current Kohl's Cares books.



Since my mom has taught me presentation is everything, I took special care choosing the items to go with the cardigan and wrapping it in a special way. Here is a picture of my gift which is ready and waiting for baby.

2 comments:

Knittypants said...

What a beautiful sweater! She looks darling in it, and your presentation is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed. I'm sure it made up for not being such a fun project.