Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What a Man, What a Man ..... What a Mighty Good Man

I thought that I needed to take a minute and brag on my man. Eventhough my blog is mostly about knitting it isn't really the true love of my life. I am lucky to have what I think to be one of the best marriages out there. I am sure that God made Duane especially for me. We have so much fun together.

He buys me flowers and sings to me!
We are quickly approaching our 10th Anniversary and my hubby brought me some of the prettiest roses.



He brought them home on the 10th Anniversary of when we met and had a nice evening planned. We had a great evening and he even sang me the song that he wrote me for our first Christmas together.

He works on my car!
This weekend he spent all day Saturday and Sunday working relentlessly on my mysterious van problem. I think that he is up to about 10 days working on the problem. The problem is that something is draining my battery if it sits to long without being driven. He has replaced the battery three times, replaced belts and fuses, removed and tested alternator, replaced wires, removed bulbs, chased and tested wires ... and yet I still had to jump it yesterday! We have sure got our monies worth out of the booster. If I wasn't so anti car payment, I'd be thinking about getting a new van.

He helps me with my knitting!
Duane compares looking at my knitting books and magazines to me watching the History or Military channel. I think all his tanks look the same eventhough he can tell me in detail about how wrong I am. He thinks all my knitting looks the same and I can tell him in detail how he is wrong. So our joke is do you want to see what tank I'm working on.

Eventhough he isn't greatly interested in my knitting, he is always willing to help me try to solve my knitting problems. Especially when it comes to math. I don't know how everyone else is but does anyone look forward to the pattern reading. Decrease 56 stitches evenly over your 180 stitches on needle. And lets make it more interesting shaping follows and it is worked in the round so it must be even on both sides. Duane helped me crunch number and draw diagrams while I knit, frogged and re-did math. Have you ever wondered what a three, yes I said, three hour row looks like.



He makes me laugh!
Duane is also great at making me laugh, spinning me around our living room dance floor, tickling me till I scream so loud I am sure the neighbors will call 911 and making me feel more loved than I could have ever imagined. I am so looking forward to our next 10 years together.

No comments: