Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stole Update

I just finished Clue #3 of the Secret of the Stole KAL. Tomorrow Clue #4 comes out and will mark the halfway point of the KAL. Unfortunately, I am not really enjoying it. Mostly because I am working on 2 things right now that are both tedious and it is really taking the joy out of knitting.

I have been determined to keep up with the clues and finish with everyone else but I am so tempted to quit. The pattern is working out nice although I like the looks of the MS3 Stole better but it is requiring about 12 -16 hours of knitting a week. After I get both of these stoles finished, I probably won't do anything lace for a long, long time.


Clue 3 finished


Clue 2 finished


Clue 1 finished

The stole seems like a big commitment right now since I am trying so hard to work on the Dale of Norway baby set for my friend. When I chose the baby set, I thought I had a full six months to work on it but the shower is 2 months before the due date. So I only have until Dec 1st. It is progressing but on #1 needles the process is sloooowwww! It take about 4 hours to get 1" done ... I am so glad I chose to do the smallest size.


Progress so far


Close up of weird short row shaping on romper.
There was no way to keep shaping in the stripe pattern.

On a better note, the MS3 is in hibernation until at least next spring when I decide to knit the wing. I like the MS3 pattern so much better than the SOTS pattern. On the MS3, I added about 12" and knit and alternate border. I really love how it is looking and am so proud of it.


Clue 4 finished with added length and border


Close up of the alternate border that matches sides.

Anyway, I thought I'd give a quick update on my knitting since I haven't made an entry for awhile. I have been a little lost in the Ravelry world when I am not knitting ... I have been able to organize my knitting and dream of new projects. The dreaming of knitting something else has been so much better than the reality of what I am currently knitting. Right now, I am actually looking forward to folding about four loads of laundry.

No comments: