Sunday, July 29, 2007

Campanula and VK Short Sleeve Cardigan

Well, I finished my Campanula and it is definitely the prettiest thing I've ever knitted. I was like a little kid doing the finishing work and am so proud of the seams ... because you can't see them. WOO HOO!

Here is my blocking ... I really need a blocking board.


Look at the pretty lace work!

I used microfiber towels like you buy in automotive and it was unbelievable how fast it dried. I am going to sew all the little towels together so I don't have so many little towels to juggle. Too bad no one makes microfiber towels with a one inch check pattern.

Here are some close up shots.

Sleeve

Peplum - I love the bell shape

Lace pattern close up

Lace up I-cord front - 70 inches YUK!

Here is a picture of me in it. I made it hoping to be 20 lbs more lighter so please ignore the lumps and bumps.

Here's what I did
Pattern: Knitter's Spring 2007 Campanula
Designer: Celeste Pinheiro
Size: Large - 45 inch
Yarn: SWTC Bamboo Purple
Yarn amount: 4 1/2 skeins
Needles: Knit Picks #2 and #4 circulars
Modifications: None, this pattern is perfect. Lots of charts to follow. If you can read a lace pattern and trust it you can do this.
Something I wish I knew before I knit this is when working your SSK on the peplum, work them on the tips of the needle. They will look much neater. I found this info when I was working my last section, of course.
Length of time: About 4 weeks

For my sister's graduation, I knit my mom an "I Love You Present." She does so much for everyone that I thought she needed something special. Anyway, I knit her a Short Sleeve cardigan but never got any pictures. I only finished a couple hours before the graduation. Well, the buttons that I chose did not work that well sewn into the lace sections, so she gave it to me to tweek. See the bad buttons.


Here are the new clasp which are much more stable and easier to fasten.

Here is a close up of the back. I love how the lace pattern changes directions.

Here is a picture of my chair wearing Mom's cardigan .... Still need a pic of Mom.

This was a quick and easy knit. It looks harder than it is and looks better in person than the mag.
Here's what I did
Pattern: VK Spring/Summer 2007 Short Sleeve Cardigan
Designer: Shiri Mor
Size: Medium - 36 inch
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease Terrecotta
Yarn amount: 4 1/4 skeins
Needles: Knit Picks size 7
Modifications: Make sure you work a size smaller than usual. I did 4 inch neg ease and it was still lose on my Mom. Clasp closures or no closures seem to be better than buttons.
Length of time: 5 days

Today has been an exciting day except for hubbie feeling sick. We had breakfast with our kiddo and gave him a belated birthday gift.

Then we delivered my items to the fairgrounds. So my dining room table no longer looks like this
Can you believe the lady who recieved my entries told me that I was very organized? LOL
And while we drove around killing time before dropping off stuff, I worked on this

Mystery Stole 3 - I finally finished Clue 1 only 3 more to catch up. Maybe with the fair push behind me ... Oh Yeah, I told hubbie I'd take a break from knitting ... Ha! Who am I kiddin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful and your blog is so much fun to read! I was awed by your Campanula! I hope things go well for you in the State Fair. -- a fellow knitter in Indy

Batty said...

Oh, wow, they're both stunning! Your seams really are perfect, and the fit is incredible. I love the detail, the lace, the little ties, the ruffles and pleats... amazing.

Oddly enough, I was looking at the same cardi you made for your mom, and I was thinking of knitting it for my mom. It's very pretty and is fitted in what looks like a really flattering way. I'm sure she'll love it.

The Mystery Stole is looking good too. I haven't even started mine, so you're not the last person to be doing clue 2.

Thea said...

beautiful work on both sweaters! your mom is way lucky...

Abril said...

I'm almost done with the lace cardi from Vogue. I had a little bit of trouble with it, but it looks like it's worth it! yours looks amazing, I love the color.

Queen Bee said...

Beautiful sweaters! I am not surprised you did so well in the state fair!!